My twelfth finished drawing for the year. Books and pencils have been the only good part of 2012.
Cretacolor pencils and blending stumps. A4 200gsm paper.
No one can guess who she's supposed to be, so never mind naming her. Took only a lousy picture, no scan. My joints went stiff drawing her for three continuous hours yesterday, only reason it did not end up in the trash.
Here's a few things I learnt drawing her -
1. Ignore drawing for a few months and you'll see how sluggish you really are.
2. You love high cheekbones doesn't mean you can draw hig
3. Doesn't matter how many grades of pencils you have at hand, grainy paper ruins all the detail.
4. You're a fool if you pick up pencils after months and think you can draw from memory.
5. Instead of making stupid lists, draw more often.